Linking the Handset to the Infinity Phone System (PBX)
In order to use the Infinity PBX in conjunction with a compatible handset (please see related article on Hosted PBX Requirements for more information), there are a number of steps which are required. We have listed these for you below:
For using the Infinity PBX, we suggest the Yealink T4X range of handsets. Handset firmware should be upgraded to the most recent version before being provisioned for the Infinity PBX.
- Connect the handset to your network
- Power on handset and wait for it to fully boot up
- Press the OK button after boot up
- Note the IP address displayed on the handset screen
- Open an internet browser on your PC
- Enter the IP address into your browser search address bar: “http://[ipAddressDisplayed]”
- Login with the device username and password when prompted (the default for Yealink is 'admin/admin')
- Click on the Account tab and fill in all relevant fields. Multiple accounts/numbers can be assigned to the same handset if required.
Please pay particular attention to the following fields:
- User Name: This should match the operator’s Infinity Username
- Password: Should be the same as the password which is assigned to the Infinity user. This is used for the handset to access the Infinity PBX. If the password is changed in Infinity it also has to be changed within the Yealink settings
- Sip Server: This should be '
.infinitypbx.net'. If unsure please contact our Support Team for more information
- Account Active: This should be set to 'Enabled'
- Outbound Proxy Server: This should be set to 'Enabled'
- Outbound Proxy Server: Should have the value '
- Transport: This should be set to 'TCP'
To complete, click Confirm
If the correct details have been entered, you should see the Register Status change to 'Registered'. Your operator can now use the handset for both inbound and outbound calls.
Changing Admin Password for Yealink
It is the responsibility of all Infinity Phone users to keep their handset secure. If the Yealink handset uses the default password we strongly recommend changing it.
- Login into to Yealink admin page using Phone IP (as above)
- Click on Security Tab
- Select user type of Admin
- Enter current password
- Enter and re-enter new desired password
- Click Confirm